High School Athlete Spotlight
Noun; athlete (plural: athletes)
1. a person who actively participates in
physical sports, and one who is highly skilled.
The prowess of the athlete has been revered since the beginning of time. These days, however you donít see many nude Olympians throwing the javelin around, but rather sports icons thatíd do anything to promote the latest trend to ďBe Like Mike,Ē in a famous pair of Nike Air Jordans. Athletes have become more competitive than ever, as they aspire to achieve success in college or professional sports. It takes incredible determination and talent to succeed as an athlete. azTeen salutes you!
- 2012 Articles
- WOW!! Unbelieveable 3-Point Shots!!
- 2011 Articles
- Ones To Watch
- 2010 Articles
- Ones To Watch
- 2009 Articles
- What a Serve! My Life as a Competitive Tennis Player
- 2008 Articles
- Why Cross Country?
- Playing Dirty. This is Why I Play Rugby.
- One Goal.
- Ice Queen: This is Why I play hockey
- Superstar Swimmers Make A Splash On National Scene
- Speed Freak, Cassie Gannis
- Rivals: Mesa vs Westwood
- 2007 Articles
- Phoenix Trevor Browne Graduate Proud To Be A Harlem Globetrotter
- Adam Small, 2007 Arizona Boys Swimmer of the Year
- Whitney Lopus, 2007 Arizona Girls High School Swimmer of the Year.
- Cross Country Champ Talks About His Commitment to the Sport
- Cross Country: An Extreme Team More Than A Sport, Itís Family.
- Once A Gifted Gymnast, Now An Accomplished Diver.
- Dion Jordan and Covaughn Deboskie High On The College Recruiting List.
- Brophy Golf Team Sees Double
- Marcel Jones. Well Beyond All American Athlete.
- In the Front Seat with Graham Rahal
- Kelsey Carter Aspires To Be A Coach.