Some people say that you can blindly throw money to Calgary mold removal services or play detective yourself. Mold has health risks and finding it at home is dangerous especially if your children have asthma and allergies.
Remember that house mold don’t increase without moisture. Therefore prevention is possible if you eliminate moisture inside your home. But some areas have high humidity level and mold formation always occur. Some are also living near rivers and lakes where spreading of mold is out of hand.
The first thing homeowners should do is check the plumbing system, kitchen and bathroom ventilation and gutters. Leaky pipelines and poorly ventilated bathrooms are the main source of mold formation. When this happens, mold becomes the number one problem inside your home.
Calling for mold removal services is the best thing to do. But if you determine that house molds are lurking in some areas, you can do the following precautions to prevent it from spreading fast.
- Quickly clean and dry areas like bathrooms and kitchens. In case of leaky pipelines, shut down the main source of water and check for plumbing problems. It’s better to call for plumbing services immediately if leaky pipelines are uncontrollable.
- Use a dehumidifier but don’t forget to wipe it dry everyday. Plus clean the water bucket with vinegar then use a vacuum to to clean the exterior.
- Some areas that have high level of humidity should use HEPA vacuum filter. It’s a great ideal to service your HVAC monthly with new filters. But don’t allow the filters get moist to avoid house molds.
- Let the air flow with proper ventilation while cooking, drying clothes and showering. It’s because with poor ventilation the water vapors may lurks in your kitchen and bathroom area and eventually turn into molds.
- Keep every materials in your house dry. This is easy compared to the cost of hiring mold removal services. Get rid of moldy carpets. The apply some white vinegar spray or baking powder. Then try putting it outside when it’s sunny. Sunshine kills mold and it’s free.
- Refrain from using chlorine bleach. Use vinegar instead, it’s effective and safe.
Remember that if you think DIY ideas don’t work anymore, ask the help of professionals to assist you on mold removal process.